Saturday, October 5, 2013

Juice Day 2: Hit and Miss

Breakfast was a mixture of juices, and unfortunately I didn't write down what went into it.  I made 2 last night, we were going to split them.  One was quite good [watermelon and peach were the fruits, with veggies and lots of spinach], the other was terrible, lots of kale which I think  may turn bitter over time, and just 2 small apples.  I made them last night because we were heading out at 7 this morning and I didn't want to get up at 5 to make juice.

For late lunch I just put together the following:
  • Water
  • 2 chunks of cauliflower
  • Approx 1 cup of carrots [baby or diced]
  • 1/4 of a personal size watermelon [hate to pay for those but that's all they had at 2 stores]
  • 2 [rather small] green apples
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • Lots of spinach [approx 4 handfuls]
  • Juice of half a lime
I enjoyed it but either it had too much lime or I should have left the lime out altogether.  I made the juice and squeezed the half lime directly into it after.  I think I like it better blended in.  I really enjoyed it, Eugene not so much.  He can't seem to say what he didn't like about it, but I think it was a bit on the bland side.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting More Healthy Starts!