Friday, October 4, 2013

Juice Fast: Day 1

Last night we went to one of our favorite spots for dinner.  It's a fabulous fusion of Asian and Mexican food.  Delicious!  Then we stopped by the grocery store on the way home to stock up on juice supplies.

This morning we began with juice! For breakfast I didn't focus so much on any one recipe, and it was pretty good.  Very drinkable.  Here is what went into the Vitamix:
  • Some water
  • Red beets
  • Carrots (roughly 1 cup)
  • 1/3 of a large English cucumber
  • Lots of organic baby kale
  • Large handful of spinach
  • 1 green apple
  •  Juice of half a lime
  • 1 stalk of celery
For lunch I tried a variation of the Mean Green by Joe juice:
  •  Some water [this is essential with the VitaMix]
  • Most of one whole cucumber
  • about in inch of ginger
  • 2 apples
  • half a lime [this time I put in the peeled lime rather than just the juice]
  • Massive amounts of baby kale.
This juice was more bitter than breakfast, and the spiciness of the ginger really came through.  However, I don't think I used enough apples and there was WAY too much kale for my liking.

My biggest challenge today was that I took a nap, so I had breakfast at 8 and didn't have lunch until 3, at which time I was REALLY hungry.  I made another half juice to try and get rid of some of the hunger.  This was primarily red beets, apples, some spinach, and half a lime.

Dinner's juice was not fit for sharing, but we drank it anyway!

They recommend 4-6 16-22 oz juices per day.  It is now 10 at night and we have just finished our "dessert" which was our 5th juice.  Feeling really good actually.  Eugene [my husband] has a bit of a headache, probably from the lack of caffeine today.  I don't drink caffeinated drinks so I am hoping I won't be affected by that.  

Until tomorrow!
Kiezie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting More Healthy Starts!